Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Our Story


Across the Miles

Across the miles, across the sea
Lives my love, who waits for me.
He entered my life in a beautiful way
With charm and exuberance he made my day.

From the very first day I always knew
There was a power wonderfully unique
In a strange force, I was drawn to you
Kindred spirits with a friendship so true

For this girl from North Michigan
Such a boy yielding powers of words
Captured my heart for all that its worth
Held me captive in the depths of purple

Rare he is, my beloved Purple Poet
His heart is gentle and filled with passion
Gracing his friends with a friendship so pure
Yielding cleverness mixed with a sweet caring

I could not take my eyes off of this boy
Like a butterfly trapped in a cage
My heart did flutter, filling with joy
Longing to be free, to dance by his side.

Hesitating at first, I hid my poor heart
But nothing could stop it from bursting apart
Exploding everywhere for the world to see
Painful and vulnerable before the one I love

Yet with kind thoughtfulness he took my heart
Put it with his own, lifted me up into his arms
There I stayed while in a daze,
Feeling weak with one so sweet

A year has gone by and in that time
My love for him has grown like a vine
Reaching towards the heavens above
Deep roots planted in the earth below

Soon we will be husband and wife
And still I stand in wondrous disbelief
That one so excellent, pure and beautiful
Cast his poetic gaze on foolish me


Thank you dear Octa
For all that you are
No one else compares
You are above by far

Within me you have awakened
Dreams and desired I thought dead
Now I can go on boldly into the world
With you by my side, your hand in mine


I love you Octaboona!

6 comments:

  1. Kal that poem is absolutely beautiful.
    It is so moving and deep.
    I love it.
    *hugs*

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kal my love. So sorry for not commenting.

    I love this. It is so beautidul and moving.

    *hugs forever*

    You have such talent. This poem made me just stop and smile out of sheer happiness.

    I love you so much.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is such a sweet and beautiful poem, Kal. It's wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely poem Kal! The way the words flow remind me of a song :) *hugs*

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love, is just what make people happy and sad. No matter you are happy or sad, love is romantic.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Cheap Abercrombie couples clothes show your precious love.

    ReplyDelete